Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Most Basic Tenet of ANY Business

Do it.  Whatever it is, stop talking about why not, and do it.

A number of years ago I (against my will) read Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad, Poor Dad (thanks Dad).  It has some great information about what distinguishes an employee from a business owner (aka one who works for money and one who makes money work for them).  Ok, so it's a litttttle more involved than that, but if you want the inside scoop, you'll have to read the book.  I decided I wanted money to work for me.  I was willing to take a risk and sacrifice comfort for financial freedom, but I didn't really get how to make this happen.  So a few years and a couple of jobs (read: i'm still working for money) later I finally get it.

You have to do it.  You have to get out there and network your booty off.  You have to make appointments and ask people to invest.  You have to do things that make you uncomfortable until they become comfortable.  What distinguishes those who make it and those who don't is the ability and willingness to go there, to do that. 

If you're constantly saying to yourself, well I can't do that because, or I don't have this, or I'm not connected enough to... whatever it is, if you're giving yourself reasons to NOT do something, you're not going to do it. 
 So start finding ways around your why nots.  Look for ways to say yes, and if you can't think of one, reevaluate what you can change that will enable you to say yes.  Sure there are things that happen in life that you can't control, but there are a great many things we can control.

Make choices, make changes, and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment