Friday, November 13, 2009

Introducing The Cast Party.com

I had the very wonderful experience of working with Planet Connections Theatre Festivity as an intern this past summer.  PCTF is an eco-friendly theatre festival headed by Glory Bowen that requires all participating shows to do a collection for a charity of their choice.  Then I heard about Michael Roderick, a producer/blogger, who holds workshops and classes for theater professionals for low to no cost.  There's Heather Metcalfe of Artfully Unforgotten, who in the past few years has dedicated herself to raising funds and awareness for vulnerable communities through the arts.  Most recently I caught wind of composer, Seth Bisen-Hersh who holds benefit concerts twice a year for different charities.  (His upcoming Broadway Can! benefits the Bowery Mission, more on that later.)

In just a few months, I've come across all of these amazing individuals and organizations, who have made serious commitments to serving the community.  What does that tell me?  That there must be THOUSANDS of you out there in the arts world who are giving back!  And guess what?  I want to tell people about you!  I think that everyone should know about your hard work.  So it's been in the works for some time, and I promise it ain't pretty, but check out www.TheCastParty.com and spread the word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment